Shared stewardship, collaboration, and a new approach to landscape-scale solutions are at the core of the Rocky Mountain Restoration Initiative. And these are the key traits that inspired the RMRI logo. Leveraging a contemporary and approachable all-natural color palette, the logo features a graphic representation of a mountain landscape. The clear blue water reflects the healthy forests and the four mountain peaks, representing each of our four values, stand strong and proud. The overlapping shapes speak to the interdependency of our mission and the dynamic connections and bonds forged through our partnerships. And the clean, back-country inspired sans-serif logotype helps to give our logo a modern and active feel.
The RMRI logo consists of two elements: the logotype and the mountain landscape icon. These elements should always be used together unless the space is limited by height. In this case, limit the usage to the logotype only or use the version of the logo with the left/right orientation.
DO’S AND DON’TS:
Please do not alter the RMRI logo in any way. The mark was purposefully designed to speak to our mission, our vision and our values.
- DO use the logo as supplied. There are multiple versions that can be used for various applications.
- DO NOT recreate, redraw, or alter in any way.
- DO NOT break up the logo into parts.
- DO NOT change or substitute the colors or the type or the icon.
- DO NOT rearrange or reposition the elements within the logo.
- DO NOT change the proportions of elements within the logo.
- DO NOT add or subtract any design to the logo.
- DO NOT position the logo on top of complex and cluttered photo or background. The logo should always remain clearly legible and visible.
- DO NOT apply dark and/or crisp drop shadows to the logo.
- DO NOT place the logo over a photo background that obstructs the visibility of the mountain icon or the logotype.
- DO NOT apply a stroke or outline to the details of the mountain icon.
- DO NOT apply a stroke or outline to the outside of the mountain icon.
- DO NOT place the logo over a generic/cliché stock photo that doesn’t resonate with a local audience.
- DO NOT alter the colors of the logo in any way.
- DO NOT place the logo over a busy background with conflicting colors such that it impedes the readability of the mark.