The Funding Subcommittee is an operational subcommittee.
Helps solve funding challenges through coordination and creative thinking with other entities, agencies, and organizations if/as needed.
The RMRI Funding Subcommittee is an operational subcommittee. The Subcommittee does not provide direct investment into landscapes or projects; control, divide, or distribute an existing pool of money; or choose winners and losers among landscapes or projects. The roles and responsibilities of the Funding Subcommittee are to:
- Serve as a “matchmaker” to help landscape teams and subcommittees connect with funding opportunities.
- Help solve funding challenges through coordination and creative thinking with other entities, agencies, and organizations if/as needed.
- Develop a funding strategy for private/foundation investment.
- Develop/support “big picture” funding efforts if/as needed.
- Identify and address policy change if/as needed.
- Update and maintain a grants database with funding opportunities.
The RMRI Governance Charter was ratified June 2020 and is subject to annual review. The Charter outlines RMRI structure and governance.