The Biomass Utilization Subcommittee is a substantive subcommittee.
Addresses cross-cutting issues and remove barriers related to biomass utilization to help priority landscapes achieve their goals.
The RMRI Biomass Utilization Subcommittee is a substantive subcommittee that seeks to address cross-cutting issues and remove barriers related to biomass utilization to help priority landscapes achieve their goals. The roles and responsibilities of the Biomass Utilization Subcommittee are to:
- Develop strategies and approaches that lead to improving biomass utilization on the ground.
- Identify already existing resources on biomass utilization and improve access to them.
- Research biomass utilization issues to better understand the regulatory and scientific barriers to action.
- Develop a conference or workshop on biomass utilization.
- Identifying and addressing policy changes if/as needed.
Sponsored by the USDA Wood Innovations program and the Southwest Ecological Restoration Institutes, this is a sequel to the virtual wood innovations seminar back in March. New in November will be optional lumber drying course and a session on USDA Wood Innovations grants and economic assistance programs immediately preceding our workshop. Workshop held Nov. 16-18, 2021, in Albuquerque, New Mexico. More…
Biomass Utilization Workplan
The RMRI Governance Charter was ratified June 2020 and is subject to annual review. The Charter outlines RMRI structure and governance.