The Biomass Utilization Subcommittee is a substantive subcommittee.
Addresses cross-cutting issues and remove barriers related to biomass utilization to help priority landscapes achieve their goals.
The RMRI Biomass Utilization Subcommittee is a substantive subcommittee that seeks to address cross-cutting issues and remove barriers related to biomass utilization to help priority landscapes achieve their goals. The roles and responsibilities of the Biomass Utilization Subcommittee are to:
- Develop strategies and approaches that lead to improving biomass utilization on the ground.
- Identify already existing resources on biomass utilization and improve access to them.
- Research biomass utilization issues to better understand the regulatory and scientific barriers to action.
- Develop a conference or workshop on biomass utilization.
- Identifying and addressing policy changes if/as needed.
Biomass Fact Sheet
RMRI brings together public and private landowners to restore, maintain, and enhance the health and resilience of our forest landscapes. To do this, we are mobilizing efforts to address a problem we all share: How to remove and put to use the “woody biomass” on our forest landscapes.
Biomass Utilization Workplan
The RMRI Governance Charter was ratified June 2020 and is subject to annual review. The Charter outlines RMRI structure and governance.